@wezm Yes! High barrier to contribution seems to be a pervasive problem among mature FOSS projects (e.g. GNOME).
My typical experience goes like this:
* "Oh, Software X is on GitHub!"
* Clone, modify, fork, push
* Create PR
* Within a day or two, someone closes the PR with the comment, "All patches must be submitted via our bugzilla."
* Sigh, create yet another bugzilla account, submit patch
* 6+ months later, the bugzilla issue is closed with "Patch doesn't apply to master."
Game development! Discussions about game development and related fields, and/or by game developers and related professions.