Good Reactions to Other People’s Sexual Assaults:
1. Be empathetic and kind.
2. Offer to help (ride to doctor, crash space).
3. Refer them to crisis resources (RAINN in the US).
4. If you're a mandated reporter, disclose this ASAP.
Bad Reactions to Other People’s Sexual Assaults
1. Blame them for what happened.
2. Be judgmental.
3. Press for details they don’t want to give.
4. Repeat their story (including retweeting) without consent.
5. Badmouth the perpetrator without consent.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!