Refactoring the API now to handle an event stream and a Command/Query style API. I'm making this change because I want to gradually tack on some features without having to bloat the API handler so much. Right now I'm probably going to use an in-process bus to handle the pub/sub stuff.
I'm looking forward to this a lot because this will be the key to being able to rewind/replay a character's history.
So, I've already gotten the store tested, and I'm going to start from the top-down now and start trying to get all my current files covered. I really want to start on character creation, but I need to work that process out a little bit more. There's going to be a lot of things involved to try and make it user-friendly while also allowing power users to not feel like they're being restricted.
I've been working from the top, starting with a new user signing in, and thinking about how registration would work, how character creation might work, etc. Today I took a break to take another whack at getting the glyphicons working, and I did! I also need to look at moving some content to the database if this is going to be a proper toolkit. And unit testing.
But for now I want to focus on what happens after signing in, and character creation
The great thing about this trip is that it's given me time to get this site built and spend all day making mistakes. But now that I'm here I don't have any of the normal things I would use in order to do my project planning. No Shadowrun book (hardcopy) to go through while I type.
So, I guess I'm going to start from signing and figure out where to go from there!
I am at the point now where I need to act like a Product Owner and organize/plan my product. It always took so much effort to get login working like I wanted it to, and now that it's 95% (minus OAuth for Facebook/Twitter), and I have a theme I like, and a layout...I can actually do the work I want.
It's honestly really weird. I usually just to Proof-Of-Concept things and then move on.
I know I'm screaming into the void on Mastodon, but I feel better talking at length here.
Continuing to make a lot of progress on the app. I switched over to use Bulma.io for my framework and I'm happy with it so far. I have auth set up for Discord and Google right now, and will set up more later. I'm going back to work on the admin interface, then I need to start figuring out where I'm going to go from there. I guess I need to get books in, then...I don't know. Need to start planning!
In any case, I have a serviceable UI and I'm re-implementing the user authentication. Once that is done I'll probably throw up some "In Development" pages for everything and start figuring out how I'm going to handle character generation. I really want to start with Life Modules (as a GM I love to use it to make NPCs), but I think for now I'll go with the default system, or see if I can get info on how character creation starts in 6
Shadowrun, SR5TK, Long Post
Been working hard on my Shadowrun 5 Toolkit, hoping to have it ready and working before 6 comes out so I can quickly pivot it for the new addition. Let me tell you, I love all the new changes to web dev standards that have been made, but I'm really annoyed at how SVG Icons work right now. I just want easy to color SVGs based on class, but it seems like to do that I'll need to store different version of those icons.
Hello everyone. I do a bunch of things for SPIR-V (the shader language for Vulkan). I'm the working group chair and my team maintains SPIRV-Tools and Shaderc. AMA. (Can't promise to be super-responsive, etc.)
I'm also involved with WebGPU where choice of shader language is ... unsettled. I'd like to pick your collective brains about that some time.
How to implement custom UI meshes in #Unity:
Are you a US-based #gamedev with a complete or nearly complete PC game?
We're excited to have partnered with Intel to bring you a contest with awesome prizes including marketing, a distribution and publishing meeting, hardware, and more!
Check out the full details:
I've been batting around starting my own little game engine for a while, 80% for learning purposes, 15% to prove I can, and 5% to make a game.
Right now I'm thinking I want to aim for a 2D RPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Pillar of Eternity. It's going to be sprite based, and I've been a bit inspired from some write-ups on Graveyard Keeper's system. I think I will have it integrate Aseprite's system, so animation, normals, etc will be done in there then imported.
I'm a game developer working on Rinora.
Game development! Discussions about game development and related fields, and/or by game developers and related professions.