Over the last few years I've mostly been developing in C++/lua and Linux/terminal at work, while using Unity for a while then Godot at home for my games.
Working on pico8 reminded me of my origins, ActionScript3/Flash.. a code-based solution with batteries included (audio/input/etc) and no game engine.
I want more of that.. so I decided to try MonoGame. After I set it up with vscode in its own fedora toolbox, I ran the example and tried the debugger.. all work flawlessly. This makes me happy 🙂

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Gamedev Mastodon

Mastodon server focused on game development and related topics.