The 3rd edition of Physically Based Rendering is now freely available online https://pharr.org/matt/blog/2018/10/15/pbr-online.html
New progress report! With lots of graphics ✨#GodotEngine
Still working on Godot's GLES2 PBR implementation, getting closer... :)
New progress report! Talking about CPU calculated skeletal animations, GDNative improvements as well as some skybox rendering \o/ #GodotEngine
I updated GodotEngine's OAHashMap to use robinhood hashing, then I did the same for my no-dependency-single-header library.
Robinhood hashing is quite cool, I like it! 😄
@QbieShay added keyboard controls to our penguin snowball fight game: Poongoons. 🐧
Now two players can play on a keyboard!
There's still no sound or "gamemodes" (timer runs out, reach a certain score, etc), so it's just brawling around for now :D
Read about it (and download and test it 😈 ) here:
Over the last two days I worked on a few single-header, cache-friendly and dependency-less data structures in C++.
So far this repository contains
Each of those types doesn't do any dynamic memory management. All the memory that they operate on is user supplied.
The hashmap and hashset also don't perform any hashing, the caller has to provide the hashes instead.
It's decently documented 😋
Maybe this can be of use to someone :)
Happy #WorldPenguinDay !
@QbieShay and I made a small party game featuring penguins and snowball fights!
The game is still in development, this is a pre-alpha release, but we wanted to share! #gamedev
A new progress report. Now with some actual 3D screenshots! Most of the work was refactoring, but I hope it's an informative read about the journey anyway. Also it's never a bad time to learn about Godot internals and graphics :)
Today was such a day... spent roughly 4 hours bug hunting. And at the end all I did was remove one line of code in one project and changed order of some statements in another project and now - all issues gone (for now).
These issues have been there for weeks, if not months, and it feels good to know that they are resolved now, but I don't really feel productive spending my whole day changing like 15 lines of code.
But hey, those 15 lines of code held me back for weeks, now I can continue! \o/
SpatialMaterials are now working!!! (the mesh is flipped, not the texture) Did some refactors in the Shader and Material implementation, added an alpha draw pass (which is a bit dark for some reason, but I'll figure that out 😀)
Yay for steps towards more kinda-usable 3D!
I posted a new progress report about the first steps towards 3D rendering and some GDNative ecosystem updates! https://godotengine.org/article/gles2-and-gdnative-progress-report-3
Temporary textures and environment to test how all the colors feel togheter
Freelance coder by day, also by night. But *also* learning 3D animation whenever I can.
Game development! Discussions about game development and related fields, and/or by game developers and related professions.