DevLog 06 - Speedrunnin'
v0.9 is a complete revamp
1) Visual overhaul -- fully tiled backgrounds!
2) Tons of gameplay changes including reworked level design, improved mechanics and difficulty smoothing.
3) Now with scary bad guys, which can be attacked or avoided due to their super-advanced "stand there" AI.
Massive update dropping today!
Just released a semi-major update.
1) Version tracking now implemented with butler.
2) Quite a few level design tweaks to smooth out the difficulty and improve game feel.
3) Lots of other tweaks, adjustments and bugfixes to make the game about 1.4% better overall.
Play for free: https://ramifactor.itch.io/bel-poppy
Version 0.2 released!
Includes a couple of important bugfixes for keyboard input and window scaling.
Also added a checkpoint system to smooth out the difficulty:
First 3 minutes of gameplay, with a peek at the story.
Bel & Poppy is now released!
It's a little rough around the edges, but I'm pretty damn proud of it. Let me know what you think!
Bel & Poppy will be releasing this week!
Final DevLog post before it drops:
Prototyping enemy & environment interactions.
Polished up the shooting system with a new projectile sprite, a muzzle flash animation and a particle system for impacts.
Today's DevLog: https://itch.io/t/272104/bel-poppy#post-524097
Today's DevLog: Camera system
Working on an entry for AGBICjam 2018, based on this sweet Famicase design by Kristian Spears:
interpassive amusement modules
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!